Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Monkeys Paw

In the short story "The Monkeys Paw," I chose consequences, nothing worth hearing, and three wishes to indicate the importance of the paw. I chose consequences because once you use the paw a consequence will eventually happen. In the text it says, "If you keep it, do not blame me for what happens," says Morris. He says this because he already had his three wishes and knows what will eventually happen. I chose nothing worth hearing because this shows that the paw is nothing to talk about because of the consequences that could happen, while using it. Finally, to show what the paw is used for I chose three wishes because this tells the person who is using the paw that they only have three wishes. These are three reasons that indicate the importance of the paw.

No comments:

Post a Comment